Economic Development Purposes Grants
Funding is for economic development initiatives and projects that create or retain jobs, generate increased economic activity and improve the economic and social viability and vitality of local communities.
Eligible applicants include for-profit businesses; not-for-profit corporations; business improvement districts; local development corporations; public benefit corporations (including industrial development agencies); economic development organizations; research and academic institutions; incubators; technology parks; municipalities; counties; regional planning councils; tourist attractions; and community facilities.
Funds may be used for:
- Acquisition or leasing of land, buildings, machinery and/or equipment
- Acquisition of existing business and/or assets
- Demolition and environmental remediation
- New construction, renovation or leasehold improvements
- Acquisition of furniture and fixtures
- Planning and feasibility studies
- Site and infrastructure development
- Soft costs
- Working capital
- Marketing and advertising
Contact/Additional Program Information
For more information, eligible applicants should visit http://nyworks.ny.gov/, which includes contact information for the appropriate ESD Regional Office covering the project area.