Database of Economic Incentives
First launched in 2020, the Database of Economic Incentives provides a dynamic, user-friendly, searchable database of economic development projects. The Database complements the information available on ESD's Reports Page and increases the transparency of the State’s economic development efforts. In 2023, ESD launched an enhanced Database, to further improve the user experience, and to provide an increased ability for the public to analyze the data. New York State’s Database of Economic Incentives is nation-leading in terms of number of programs and projects included, frequency of updates, and the number of data fields provided for each project.
To access prior Database updates, please visit ESD’s Reports Page.
Using the Database of Economic Incentives
Below are several resources that ESD is providing here to help users understand and interpret this data:
- Database of Economic Incentives Guidance Document
- The following documents are available to download on the Database of Economic Incentives page on Open New York:
- Excel File: Export the entire Database for further review and analysis
- Data Dictionary: A list and description of all data fields in the Database
- Data Snapshot: Summary statistics for projects in the Database
- FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions about the Database
- Dedicated Email Address: Users can email questions to [email protected] or request award materials related to ESD projects included in the Database, or to be directed to a source providing award materials for ESD projects.