- Business Improvement Districts
- Local Development Corporations
- Not-for-profit Economic Development Organizations*
* If awarded funding, prior to ESD Directors’ approval and execution of a contract with ESD, a not-for-profit corporation must be registered and up-to-date with filings with the New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Charities Bureau and the New York State Office of the State Comptroller’s VendRep System and must be prequalified in the New York State Grants Gateway.
ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES / PROGRAM BENEFIT REQUIREMENTS
Assistance is available in the following two categories:
- Preparation and development of strategic development plans for a city, county or municipality or a significant part thereof; and
- Studies, surveys or reports, and feasibility studies and preliminary planning studies to assess a particular site or sites or facility or facilities for any economic development purpose other than residential, though mixed-use facilities with a residential component are allowed.