New York Ventures
New York Ventures meets the critical capital needs of New York State's innovation economy by providing seed and early-stage venture funding to high growth startups as they move from concept to commercialization, through early growth and expansion.
New York Ventures administers the State's innovation investment funds, which provide financial capital to early-stage, technology-based businesses, and include the following:
- New York State Innovation Venture Capital Fund: $100 million multi-stage fund
- Innovate NY Fund: $47 million seed-stage fund-of-funds
- Minority- and Women-Owned Business Investment Fund (MWBE): $2 million seed-stage fund
"When entrepreneurs have the necessary resources, drive, and talent, there's no limit to what they can accomplish," said ESD President, CEO & Commissioner Howard Zemsky. "New York Ventures was established so that innovators could access the funding required to hone their skills and cultivate their product, resulting in tangible economic benefits all across the Empire State."
- Identify promising entrepreneurs and developing high-growth, technology-driven companies across NY State
- Fill critical funding gaps in key, but underserved industries and regions
- Support companies emerging from NY State universities, research labs, incubators and, accelerators
- Fuel economic growth and job creation while generating competitive financial returns to sustain the program on a long term basis